Happy New Year! Maybe you hosted a NYE party…and maybe you missed it. Well its 2019 and now that the kids are back to school and you’ve cleaned up from Christmas, invite some friends over for a morning cup of Joe, tea or mimosa.
5 Tips for the morning soiree:
- GreetingsIsland.com is my favorite place to make a quick, cute, unforgettable, color PDF invite. Best part its free and done in seconds! Easy to copy and paste via text or email.
- Take the pressure off of asking for RSVP’s….INSTEAD ask your guests to bring their favorite Breakfast food.
- You make the coffee, make sure you have cream and sugar….I use neither but I’ve learned having all different packets of sugar from sweet n’ low, to stevia….is great so your guests can choose their favorite! As for milk….forget the creamer, just get low fat and either coconut or almond for the dairy aversions! **Make extra coffee ahead of time and have a coffee carafe to keep it hot! (They work!!). Get a second carafe for hot water and have an assortment of teas in a dish for the non-coffee drinkers!
- For a little extra fun and a toast for all good things to come in the new year, have some glass or plastic champagne flutes lined up, with OJ, Cranberry and of course Champagne! Pour your own station is fun and festive!
- I love hosting breakfast or brunch because I have an easy quick quiche recipe that I can make the night before. You can ask my kids…I don’t cook well, I burn everything…but never this ONE recipe.
1 cup of half and half (sometimes I sub with milk I have)
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup minced onions
salt and garlic powder to taste
8 oz shredded cheese- Swiss, cheddar or jack
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
Spray a pyrex dish with coconut oil or olive oil and pour in mixture.
Bake 45min to 1hour at 350.